Here are some resources I use and recommend for anyone that wants to get involved with nanocap stocks. I will add things as I think of them.
Brokers (as of 7/14/2021)
- Charles Schwab
- Best for non-Caveat Emptor OTC stocks
- T Rowe Price
- Best for Caveat Emptor OTC stocks
- Interactive Brokers
- Best for non-U.S. stocks
- Dan at nonamestocks.com covers tools pretty well, so I refer you to those for things I would otherwise recommend here.
- Freedom App
- This app is fantastic for eliminating distraction. As a nanocap investor, your ability to focus is your superpower.
- Oura Ring
- I don't care how smart you think you are, if you aren't getting good sleep, you aren't thinking as clearly as you could, which affects investment performance. This ring is excellent for tracking sleep quality.
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- If your goal is to drastically outperform the market, then you must be willing to do things differently from the crowd. There's no way around it. With that being said, just saying that you need to do this is not very helpful. You need a very detailed, concrete example of someone doing their own thing and not caring what other people think, to make it clear to you what this all entails. This book is by far the best example I've seen of this. If you strive to be more like Howard Roark, I can almost guarantee you that you will become a better investor.
- The Art of Living Consciously by Nathaniel Branden
- Within an investing context, this book is very useful for both improving focus and understanding your own inner processes, so that you make better decisions.